- Dates: Tuesday, 9:00-11:30am, 8 Weeks
- Tuition: $80
- Instructor: Stan Stroh
We will continue focusing on learning various approaches to drawing from perception: you will learn how to create rich, evocative drawings.
This class will continue to emphasize where objects are located in comparison to other objects but there will be a slightly greater emphasis on shape and tonal drawing and a further investigation of perspective. One session might be devoted to using other medium for drawing tools, focusing on the “abstract” aspects of line.
Course of Study:
Please note that we will have weekly assignments, to be completed both in and out of class. The list below covers our course content; the exact sequence of the list will be tailored to students enrolled in the course as the semester progresses.
- Gesture (movement) and composition: quick and long studies; looking for larger movements within a composition (diagonals, axes).
- Relative Observational Measuring: point-to-point drawing.
- Shapes: negative and positive.
- Tonal Value: tonal modeling and chiaroscuro.
- Studies from Masters: compositional structure.
- Linear Perspective: volumes and planes.
- Thumbnail to finished product: using small sketches as a means toward a greater end.
- Collage and drawing techniques
- Using effective working methods and improving technical skills