- Dates: Thursday, 12:30-2:30pm, 10 Weeks
- Tuition: $90
- Instructor: Heather Wynne
Using a project-based approach, students will learn the basics of sewing. All participants will be provided with patterns for beginning projects.
Intermediate or advanced sewists may bring their own projects to work on throughout the course of the semester.
Sewing machines are supplied or you may bring your own.
Class time and instructional techniques will include:
- Sewing and cutting demonstrations
- Printed step-by-step instructions and patterns
- One-on-one work with instructor
- Individual sewing time
- Group discussion and sharing
Students will finish the course with confidence in:
- Operating a sewing machine
- Selecting fabrics for projects
- Reading pattern markings
- Stitching various seam types
- Finishing edges
- Hand stitching basics